Sunday 11 March 2012

Cycle Touring Cambodia Kampong Thom to Skoun

March 10th Kampong Thom to Skoun 96km

Started the day with a puncture whilst I was trying to get a bit more air in my back tyre, had quite an audience watching the repair.  The headwind still blew gently for the first part of the route then the road turned and we had a bit of a push for a change.  We met a Canadian couple at the start of their trip, I remember how it it was when we first left Christchurch.  We swapped info about the route and headed on.

The road is still good but not great and the driving is getting worse, I had to swerve off the road to dodge an on coming Lexus.

Once we got settled in Skoun we headed off to the look for the famous fried black spiders they eat here, not for me!  I hate spiders.  Later it rained hard and the power went off so dinner was a sandwich from a street stall, like subway but you get what you're given.








No comments:

Post a Comment